Please join us in sending stockings to our deployed troops who will not spend this special holiday with their families. This is a great family project to reinforce the importance of giving to others–particularly those who sacrifice so much for us.
How can you help?
Make or buy a stocking (max 18 inches) and stuff it with items from this suggested list:
- candy canes
- Hard candy (no chocolate)
- hand & foot warmers (small packets)
- lip balms
- tooth-brush and small tooth paste
- hand lotion (small – unscented)
- hot chocolate packets
- individually wrapped cookies
- (no homemade cookies – they won’t survive the shipping)
- beef slim jims
- Ramen soup packets
- Small packets of trail mix or pretzels
- Christmas card (home-made or bought ) with a personal message from you
Then, spread the word; ask everyone you know to make one stocking, get groups or clubs involved, talk to your local schools and community organizations (they are looking for projects this time of year). Download our flyer HERE and pass it around.
Stockings must be shipped by November 23rd to ensure Christmas delivery for our troops.
Drop off locations available for our CO and PA MFM groups, otherwise email email@example.com with the number of stockings you have collected and we will provide you with an address to ship directly to the troops. Those outside our local MFM groups will be responsible for paying their own shipping costs.
Questions: Email Tracie Ciambotti at firstname.lastname@example.org