One of the marvels of Twitter is that the format forces you to focus information in pinpoint detail. It makes the ideas more easy to consume in short spurts versus a long, several-page speech.
- Secretary Shinseki: 2 out of 3 Vets who commit suicide aren’t enrolled in VA care. We don’t get a shot at helping them.
- Vets Crisis Line stats: 600K calls since 2007, 22K rescues. Both vets and active duty.
- Secretary Shinseki: VA hired 4,000 mental health pros in last 4 years, will rise to 22,000 soon.
The Defense Centers for Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury offers 24/7 help for suicide prevention:
- Call the Veterans Outreach Center at 866-966-1020
- Email email@example.com for help
- Go online for a Live Chat
The Suicide Prevention Conference concludes Friday. The agenda, speakers list and opportunity for live viewing is available HERE.
Filed under: Social Media, Suicide Prevention, Veterans, Veterans Administration Tagged: | Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury, Eric Shinseki, Mental health, suicide prevention, United States Department of Defense