Every year the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) selects the top employers in the nation to receive a “Patriot Award” for hiring military service members, their spouses and for developing supportive policies for members of the National Guard and Reserves.
Service members can nominate their employer online HERE.
Military spouses can also nominate their employer online HERE.
All that’s needed is to explain why your employer deserves to be recognized at the local, state and possibly national level. The local ESGR committee reviews the explanations when selecting nominees for higher-level awards.
Every employer nominated will receive a Patriot Award certificate and accompanying lapel pin. Some examples of what supportive employers do:
- Participates in ESGR programs like a Statement of Support signing.
- Sponsors a company Guard & Reserve recognition day.
- Features Guardsmen and Reservists on Company bulletin boards, in newsletters or at meetings.
- Maintains contact with Guard & Reserve employees while they are on annual training or mobilized.
- Has a published military mobilization policy.
- Provides pay differential during periods of military training.
- Provides pay differential during mobilizations.
- Provides paid military leave.
- Provides continuation of insurance and monetary benefits during mobilizations.
You can learn more about the ESGR Patriot Awards HERE.