The Army Times offers insights into who will feel the biggest impact from the budget-driven drawdown scheduled to begin March 1 such as anyone who can’t pass the PT test, physical fitness test or “terminal” NCOs.
- Enlisted Tenure Rules – soldiers must get promoted within a shorter period of time to be retained.
- Fewer Enlisted Promotions – a 6 percent reduction is expected.
- New Rules for NCOs – increases in service obligations.
- Promotions for Sergeant, Staff Sergeant – 40 percent of the military education points must be NCOES achievements.
- Early Outs for Enlisted – the details still to be resolved.
- Tougher Officer Promotions – percentages to return to pre-war levels.
- Passed Over Officers – selected continuation will be adjusted but remain.
- Getting Files in Order – update photos, review records, know when your board convenes.
- Kick Out the “Dirtbags” – soldiers with a patterns of misconduct will not be retained.
To get full details, you can read the Army Times article HERE.