My thanks to New York Magazine for this — with this note — we are not defined by numbers, instead by our experiences and how we respond.
- The initial numbers are indelible: 8:46 a.m. and 9:02 a.m.
- Time the burning towers stood: 56 minutes and 102 minutes.
- Time they took to fall: 12 seconds.
The First Responders
- 343 Number of firefighters and paramedics killed
- 23 Number of New York Police officers killed
- 37 Number of Port Authority police officers killed
- 1,402 Number of employees who died in Tower One
- 614 Number of employees who died in Tower Two
- 115 Number of nations whose citizens were killed in the attack
- 422,000 Number of New Yorkers estimated to be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of 9/11
A full encyclopedia of 9/11 compiled by New York Magazine is available HERE.
Filed under: History, PTSD | Tagged: firefighters, New York City Fire Department, New York City Police Department, Posttraumatic stress disorder, September 11 attacks, Twin Towers, World Trade Center |