A recent survey showed that up to 40 percent of veterans have thought about starting their own business. But, many don’t know where to begin and are unaware that free help is available.
Retired executive Jack Grise, a Pinellas SCORE volunteer and Navy veteran, gives his rundown of the top five, free services that will be available at the expo.
- Free consultation and on-going mentoring with a SCORE counselor;
- Free advice on setting up your bookkeeping;
- Free legal advice on setting up your business;
- A free business college level Entrepreneur Certification program;
- Free workshops on skills like using social media…. and much more
A special presentation by retired Air Force Gen. Lloyd W. “Fig” Newton is another highlight of the daylong expo.
Veterans, military spouses and active-duty military transitioning out of service are invited to come and talk with a counselor. Grise said no matter how “wild” their business idea – a mentor is ready to listen, discuss its viability and suggest ways to move forward.