Crayons! Paints! Magic markers! Colored pencils! Do you know a child who loves to create pictures no matter the medium?
Operation Gratitude is holding a competition for youngsters from kindergarten through 12th grade to create original artwork for “Pictures for Patriots.”
Children may enter as often as they like. The more the better because all appropriate artwork submitted will be sent in Operation Gratitude care packages.
Operation Gratitude will soon ship out more than 40,000 boxes to deployed service members and wounded warriors recovering in military hospitals or transition units.
Contest artwork may be submitted starting February 1, 2013.
There are a few rules:
- The artwork should have a “Thank you, Troops!” theme.
- The artwork must be horizontal.
- Submission size: Minimum: 4″ x 6″ up to a maximum size of 4.75″ x 6.5″
- Entries must be postmarked by February 22, 2013.
- Attach the name of entrant, plus age, grade and full mailing address and contact email address with a paper clip or sticky note to the back of each entry.
A panel of veterans will select the winning entry. A Grand Prize winner will be selected and their artwork will be featured on the 2013 Patriotic Drive Card. Mail entries to:
2013 P4P Greeting Card Contest
c/o 2468 Tapo Canyon
Simi Valley, CA 93063
ATTN: Operation Gratitude
Additional details and the official contest rules are available here.