The Pat Tillman Foundation is accepting applications for its 6th class of Tillman Scholars. The deadline to apply for this year’s class is March 6, 2014.
There’s a diversity among scholars and their ambitions, but they do have similar characteristics of a strong leadership potential with a goal of making a positive impact on one’s community.
Applicants will be selected on the following criteria:
- Educational and career ambitions
- Record of military service and/or community impact as a military spouse
- Record of personal achievement
- Demonstration of service to others in the community
- Desire to continue to serve others and make a positive impact on your community
- Leadership potential
- Compelling, thoughtful, genuine and thorough essay question responses
The Tillman Military Scholarship is open to veteran and active-duty military service members with an honorable discharge both pre and post 9/11, current spouses of veterans or active-duty service members and surviving spouses. The applicant must be pursing a degree as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. institution in either undergraduate or graduate work.
Scholarships are available to military children through our partners at Fisher House Foundation, No Greater Sacrifice, ThanksUSA, Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation and Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation.