The Acting Secretary of Veterans Affairs Sloan Gibson hung out the “Help Wanted” sign today to find a leader who will as he puts it “will be a change agent and deliver necessary reforms to provide our Veterans timely access to the world-class healthcare they’ve earned and deserve.”
Gibson said the new VA health administrator must have a sense of urgency and seriousness of the reform that is ahead.
A commission of health experts started today reviewing candidates for the next Under Secretary for Health for the Veterans Health Administration.
The commission includes:
- Nancy Adams, RN, Major General Retired, American Academy of Nursing Fellow
- Garry Augustine, Washington Headquarters Executive Director, Disabled American Veterans
- Delos Cosgrove, M.D., President and CEO, Cleveland Clinic
- Lt. General Patricia Horoho, Army Surgeon General and Commander, U.S Army Medical Command
- Kenneth W. Kizer, M.D., M.P.H., Distinguished Professor and Director, Institute for Population Health Improvement, University of California Davis Health System
- Jennifer Lee, M.D., Virginia Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services
- John E. Prescott, M.D., Chief Academic Officer, Association of American Medical Colleges
- Jose D. Riojas, Chief of Staff, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Bob Wallace, Executive Director, Veterans of Foreign Wars